In the west of the island of Zealand, in a strategically important location, a large royal residence was erected around 550 A.D., which was in use until 1050 AD.
Around 700 AD an earlier complex was replaced by the residence of Fugledegård. The exhibition focuses on the third building phase of Fugledegård (9th century). The princely residence included a monumental, whitewashed hall, a cult house (temple), a gathering place, as well as large areas for crafts and a market.
Tissø – Royal residence at the Lake of the Gods